Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Introductions

Welcome to my blog! In marketing, the first thing you have to do is get the consumer interested enough to see what you're all about, so if you're reading this, I must be doing something right.

Now, as the heading of the blog would suggest, I'm undertaking a project in which I feel completely out of my element: marketing a hardcore/metal band. Why, you might ask, would I do this? First of all, because the more I challenge myself, the more I learn, and the more I have to offer in the future. Secondly, Allura (the band) are friends of mine, and I've watched them market the heck out of themselves for almost two years now, and I want to do everything I can to help them.

Allura and I met by complete chance one hot summer night in 2008. They were on Warped Tour, living out of a 16-passenger van, and selling just enough tee shirts and CDs to fill the gas tank and eat. I invited them back to my house for showers and some food, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I really believe in these guys, and if you get to know them, I think you will too. They're hilarious, handsome, talented, and fun-loving. They're really the full package. So why haven't they made it yet? This is what I'm here to figure out. And I hope you out there reading this will help me. Please don't hesitate to chime in if you have ideas! Let's create a conversation here.

Now that you've heard my take on Allura, check out their MySpace and take a listen for yourself. Let me know what you think!

Finally, this blog won't just be about my work with Allura. As I continue to study the fine art of marketing, I will post articles, ideas, and examples that I come across that really interest me. As I said before, let's get a conversation going. If you have any good marketing tidbits, leave them here. I can't wait to see your thoughts on this ever-evolving industry.

The old saying goes "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Here's my first step. Join me in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment